Some OS X Lion Questions

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by edavis0780, Jul 20, 2011.

1. edavis0780 macrumors newbie

I prefer to use Firefox when surfing the interwebs. After updating to Lion, I noticed that my 3-finger swipe up/down (to immediately scroll to the top or bottom of a page) no longer functions. Does anyone have a solution for this? I've already downloaded better touch tool, but I'd like to know if there is a built in solution for this.

Additionally, I like the 3-finger left/right swipe for going back and forward on Firefox. What I'd like to know is if there is any way to get it to switch between tabs rather than going back and forth.

Thanks everyone!

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

The three fingers up and down doesn't work for me either. I really liked that feature.

But what I did instead was go to about:config and type in gesture on the search bar.

Where is says browser.gesture.twist.left, I changed that to cmd_scrollTop
    and browser.gesture.twist.right to cmd_scrollBottom.

I don't know if you want to do this but it's there.

I'm asuming you can change tabs like by changing the browser.gesture.swipe.down and browser.gesture.swipe.up options. I don't know the exact values though. :(

EDIT: Here's a macworld article that shows you how to change it to tab switching. http://www.macworld.com/article/141571/2009/07/firefoxgestures.html. I know it says FF3.5 but it should work for FF5,6 and 7 too.

3. engaged44 macrumors member

this is the exact same thing i have been wondering all day. i would like to know as well.

4. srikat macrumors member

5. dgg32 macrumors newbie

Acutally, you still can scroll to the top/down in one strike, here is how:

If you set two fingers swipe to scroll, then make a swift and energetic down-swipe, the page will go down and accelerate it fast enough to the bottom.

I tried this several times and it works for most of the short/medium pages. For pages like the featured articles in en.wikipedia, this method still falls short nevertheless.