Some people don't deserve a big iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michael CM1, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

My brother-in-law just got an iPhone 3G 16GB refurb for $149. I go help him fix a few issues (Windows......). I notice that he has all that space and has a whopping 1GB of music on there.

As someone with an 8GB iPhone with about a 20GB music library, I AM OFFENDED! :) A 32GB iPhone can't come frappin' soon enough.

2. wfiphone macrumors member

I bought a 16gb bc my dad who knows abt tech said 8 is not a lot. Ive used only a few mbs bc of ONE WORD

Pandora Radio

3. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

Pretty sure thats two words.

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wait, so if someone doesn't fill it (immediately), they don't deserve it? That's a bit ridiculous. My music library is approaching 200GB in size and yet I never have more than 3GB of music on my iPhone. Why should I? I never listen to music for more than an hour or so at a time, so I'm not going to get bored with what I have. When I need to change it up, I just resync it. Or if I need to hear something right then, I have Simplify to do the trick.

Maybe he's going to fill it with movies, TV shows, or apps/games?

5. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Maybe you should have waited until you could afford a 16GB OP?

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

My girlfriend has a 16GB iPhone with about 2GB of music on it...

I have an 8GB (original) iPhone and I have a hard time deciding what isn't good enough to go on it because I have over 30GB of music and I like a lot of it.

However, I have a 16GB iPhone 3G that gets the job done... 16GB is pretty good for me.

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I have a 16GB iPhone and only use up about 1GB of music and 1GB of video. I got the extra space just in case I want to put some TV shows on it later (for trips). But now I'm kind of regretting it because when I go on trips, I have my MacBook with me.

What boggles my mind is why people want 16GB/32GB of music on their phones. At least for me, I get bored of some music that's a couple months/years old and eventually it disappears out of my playlists because there's new music that I like to listen to.

And even if you had that much music, it would take you forever to go through your playlist without repeating 1 song.

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

In Apple's eyes, if you have the extra money, you deserve a larger capacity iPhone.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. They paid for it, they don't have to put anything on it. Sounds like you are a bit envious, OP.

10. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Really now? And people ask how I can listen to all 15GB of my music.

11. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

If only 3G in NYC wasn't freakin terrible and would allow me to stream Pandora without WiFi.....

12. diemos macrumors 6502

Pandora and Shoutcast is all you need, now if only apple would please so kindly make background apps working, even if its one. I want to listen to radio and play a game or something or internet, come on!