Some photos disappear after I take them

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iphonelady, Sep 26, 2014.

1. iphonelady macrumors newbie

I know this probably sounds like I am just not looking in the right spot, but I'm already aware that the camera roll is no longer used in iOS8. Since I got the iPhone 6, I've had a few occasions now where I'll take a photo, and it's no where to be found. After I take the shot, a thumbnail of it still shows up in the bottom left hand corner of the Camera screen (since it was the last photo I shot). If I tap the thumbnail though, it just pulls up the photo I took before that. And when I look under Photos, it does not appear there. Nor does it appear in any of the Albums (Recently Added, etc). This doesn't happen every time I take a photo either, it's just a random thing. Is anyone else having this problem? Are the photos going anywhere that I can retrieve them from?

2. seanb61 macrumors member

Having the same issue right now. This was an issue in the first beta of 8 and I reported it via bug reporter. It was fixed, until now.

3. highlightshadow macrumors regular

4. hasanahmad Suspended

connect your phone to the USB and browse the folder, if its in there that means its in your phone which means you either need to close the app and restart your phone

5. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

Yes!! I am having this exact issue also. Sometimes the pictures reappear after I close and reopen the photos or camera app. Sometimes they don't. I thought it was just me. WTF? Add it to the list of issues.

6. DarkAnnie macrumors member

DarkAnnie

Keeps happening here too!!! And it's pissing me off! I caught a rare moment on cam the other day, only to have it not exist when I went to look at it.
    I can see the camera taking the photos, the thumbnail appear in the corner, but exiting the camera and going into photos, it's just gone! :mad:

7. rza49311 macrumors member

Yep same here with my wife's iphone 6 running 8.0.2