Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
NP, glad I could help.

As much as I really liked that case I decided I just liked the phone naked too much, so now I just use the skin. It's too bad that best of both worlds wasn't possible with it.

I know what you mean.

I love the iPhone naked but can't relax without the protection of a skin. Yet there are times when a case is handy too. What a pity that you can't use these two together!

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Yeah I'm a little paranoid too, I actually do use a silicone case when I plan on being out for a while. I actually thought about sanding the Griffin case down a bit inside but thought it was too much work and would most likely end up botched.

Ahh well...

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Excellent job, superb photos, and great review. Many thanks!

Got one on mine now ((having taken off an Invisible Shield) with a Power Support Crystal Film screen protector, and the combination looks perfect!

Ryanhdd

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Excellent job, superb photos, and great review. Many thanks!

Got one on mine now ((having taken off an Invisible Shield) with a Power Support Crystal Film screen protector, and the combination looks perfect!

This is what i am thinking about doing. Please let me know how this combo works out for you. I have invisishield and do not like it.

em5photog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Colorado
just an update after a month of use putting it my pocket no other case on it. It is holding up very well no yellowing and no visible scratches . I am very happy with the BSE so far

bwfc0907

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
Bolton, UK
just an update after a month of use putting it my pocket no other case on it. It is holding up very well no yellowing and no visible scratches . I am very happy with the BSE so far

Great review, many thanks.

I applied mine yesterday, seems to have pockets of water will these evaporate and it stick down or is it time to order another one? Did you push out the water from under it or just let it evaporate over time. How long before it looked that good?

ZachsMacDaddy

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2007
Maryland
That looks great. I had a BSE on my previous 60GB ipod. I have yet to apply my BSE to my ipod touch (v1), mostly because of the lack of time to do it right.

I don't find the orange peel look bad at all. The best thing about the BSE other than the protection is gives is the semi-non-skid feel it gives the device. I felt safer knowing that my ipod was not going to slide all over in my car or on my desk if things shifted a little.

My corners stayed put for 2 years on the old ipod. It looked the same when I sold it as it did the first day I applied the BSE.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
i have the full skin as well and found that the colors case fits around it very well when needed.

dauerhippo

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
FYI, when I applied it with dishwashing soap, it started yellowing within a week. When I used a milder hand-soap, no yellowing at all. This is with BSE.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
bump for updated review after six months use
updated review

My findings have been similar: The BSE does the job of keeping scratches at bay, but needs replacing about once every three months to maintain an immaculate look. At least they are cheap.

I'm going to try an Invisible Shield next time as an experiment to see whether the same 'edge-peeling' problem exists. That would be expensive!

em5photog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Colorado
I bet they will have the same problems with the edges and your right that would be expensive although zagg does have a lifetime warranty

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.