Some PNG Files Unviewable?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MauiGideon, Feb 11, 2011.

1. MauiGideon macrumors regular

Well im trying to mod my iPhone but its pretty hard when a lot of the PNG files im trying to view are corrupt or not valid, So says my computer...

I know this isnt the case because even though my computer could not view these PNG files if I send it to my iPhone it works. Any setting or special viewer I need to view these PNG files on my computer?

Its weird because some PNG files my computer will open and some others it wont... Anyone else had this problem?

2. derek420 macrumors member

Are you on an iPhone 4? Images that are iPhone optimized can't be viewed on your comp until you unoptimize them. If you're on a Mac, you can check out iPhonePNGApp.

This may not be your problem, but from what you're saying, it might be.

3. MauiGideon thread starter macrumors regular

Ya I got the i4, and am running win7. How would I unoptimized them? Or make it so I can see what it.

4. derek420 macrumors member

Well iPhonePNGApp unoptimizes them so you can view them on your comp..But it's Mac only. After a quick look around you could try this out.

5. davidk2010 macrumors newbie

Just email the PNG's

Why not just use the iphone email app and mail the png's to your computer, the email app on the iphone will do the converting for you