some podcast questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OrangeCuse44, Dec 21, 2007.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

In preparation for my xmas iPod touch, i subscribed to a few video podcast (some CNBC money reports and Mac tips) and i have a few questions.

1. I have iTunes set to check for new podcasts every hour. Does this mean if a new podcast is available it will be downloaded immediately?

2. In podcast settings, i chose to keep the last 2 episodes. When a newer one is downloaded, will the now 3rd newest be deleted from my Mac?

3. How does the formatting of the video work with the touch? Syncing it as is will be fine or does it have to be converted?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

1- iTunes will check every hour and if there is a new podcast it will begin to download.
    2-Yes.
    3-I don't think itunes will reformat it, just sync it as it is and then when the latest one comes out delete the 3rd one.

3. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

The format is *usually* the correct format for your iPod, sometimes they have other formats (I think m4v isn't supported). I would just manually delete them if I were you, as long as you watch them and make sure they don't save by themselves (the normal function is keep files, not delete, when you try to delete a file...).

4. OrangeCuse44 thread starter macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Im sorry, i should have posed my third question better. Im not concerned with the FILE format, just with how it will look on the touch (widescreen). As for the answers to #2, when iTunes only "keeps" the 2 newest, will it actually delete the podcast from my Macbooks HD? Or will the file simply be removed from my iTunes library (which will probably cause more of a headache finding it and manually deleting it).

5. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

It will delete it altogether. All of the ones I use look great, also remember that you can zoom in to remove the black boxes by double-clicking on the iPod while watching the video.

6. OrangeCuse44 thread starter macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Great...looks like I'll finally get into these podcasts. Thanks for the answers.