Some Potential Problems with new Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ProwlingTiger, Jul 28, 2008.

1. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Okay, just bought a new MB from Bestbuy a week ago. Think I might have a few problems though.

1. When I insert a disc, it makes a really loud clunk noise. Here's a link to a video i took. Dont ask me why the video goes white after the first couple seconds, my webhosting sucks or something, and I'm not in a mood to troubleshoot the stuff right now. The audio is what counts.

2. My trackpad button is like pressed in at the center. The sides of it are out, but when I click in the center of the button, it feels weird and is indented a ways before i click. Here's a pic to illustrate it.

3. My delete key is REALLY squeaky. Does this go away?

So, I dont know if these are normal for Macs. If so I can live with them I guess. Just slighly concern me.

Thanks,
    -Dan

2. CF Fighter macrumors member

1. The disc insert sound is really loud, this is the same way on my MacBook.

2. My trackpad is the same way as well, doesn't hamper use or anything like that. I also use the trackpad gestures for all my left/right clicking anyway.

3. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

1. The CD sound is like on every other Macbook: loud, but perfectly normal.
    2. The trackpad button does look to be annoyingly indented, maybe give this "origami hack" a try. If not, take it to an Apple store if it really bothers you, so they can fix it properly.
    3. The buttons should never be squeaky, maybe you could try popping the cap off the key, it should be fairly simple and non-destructive if done correctly, its up to you if you want to take the risk.

4. ProwlingTiger thread starter macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Okay, well the trackpad button doesnt hamper use for me, like CF said. I may have it looked at though.

I'll pop the delete cap off or take it into an Apple Store later this week. My main concern was the Superdrive. Glad to hear its normal.

Thanks for the help!