some pricing advice needed on ACD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by johnnyyt, Aug 21, 2013.

1. johnnyyt macrumors member

2. jdblas69 macrumors regular

Seems maybe a bit high to me. For $150 more you can pick up a 27" ACD or TB display refurb from apple. Or you can pick up some decent new IPS non apple monitors for well below $650 in the 23 inch size range.

3. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Well.....

I see quotes from Amazon for more than $900 (new) and from eBay seller for $ 450 or something. I suppose the price is right, provided there are not functional and cosmetic issues.

Also, seems to me like a local deal. No fuss with shipping and the seller can be contacted if something goes wrong. But a word of caution: Let the thing be checked for somebody with knowledge before put any dollar toward it....

:):apple:

4. blanka macrumors 68000

Bad deal. It is what, 4 years old? For the same price, you have the latest and greatest 2560x1440 IPS panel from the new TB display, with all the Dell features (matte, height adj, pivot, 3y warranty, sRGB calibration, 24p playback). Buy a Dell U2713HM! It also works great on the thunderbolt port with a mini DP-DP cable.

5. johnnyyt thread starter macrumors member

the 27" is a bit too big for me. its gonna be sitting on my desk and i would have no need for something that huge.

the dell is a good option but id probably go with the apple for aesthetic reasons..:cool:

the seller has also given me a price of 500? does it sound better now?