Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amar_x

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2018
Europe
Hello, I have some problems on my iPhone 7.

So, I have installed DFU iOS 11.2.1 and after that I did all my regular updates over iTunes. So DFU is not option for me, it's really annoying thing to use DFU. Also I've setup-up my iPhone as new on 03.03.2018 while it was on iOS 11.2.6

My iPhone 7 is now on iOS 11.3 (iTunes update), and the problems are these:
- When unlocking, the animation is slow. Sometimes the unlock animation skips, and I get just direct to icons.
- My camera hangs for 1-2 sec after opening the Camera app.
- After opening the Music app, I get message "We run into an problem", then i click OK and everything works.

My battery health is 100%, so it's not an aged phone.

amar_x

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2018
Europe
The install was verified with iTunes, and everything went smooth. Restore/backup are not options for me, time waste.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
You can put iPhone in recovery mode by turning off device, make sure it is completely off, then hold down the home while connecting to iTunes till it recognize it is in recovery mode and hit "Update" to reinstall iOS 11.3 which it will overwrite system files and retain your data.

amar_x

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2018
Europe
I checked panic logs, there are not panic logs... Only few logs about "Booking.com" .crash files. Nothing special.

@Banglazed is it better to overwrite system or to wait to the next version of iOS and then update with iTunes?

I mean, backup/restore/setup-as-new-iphone will give me OCD. Did it to much times since I bought this phone.

I want the peaceful updates with iTunes and the one "update" button when new version comes.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
I checked panic logs, there are not panic logs... Only few logs about "Booking.com" .crash files. Nothing special.

@Banglazed is it better to overwrite system or to wait to the next version of iOS and then update with iTunes?

I mean, backup/restore/setup-as-new-iphone will give me OCD. Did it to much times since I bought this phone.

I want the peaceful updates with iTunes and the one "update" button when new version comes.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...nd-improvements.2112430/page-11#post-25950672

Someone confirmed to fix the camera hang was to DFU mode restore but that is probably the last resort. Sometimes, patience might go a long way, it may fix itself. You can also try force closing all apps or the troubling ones from the app switcher, hold down power till you see "Slide to turn off" then release and hold down home till it disappear. This will force clear memory in RAM. Then, try the camera app or music app again to see if it works. If not, I recommend using the recovery mode first, next is probably Reset All Settings, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.