Some Pro's/Con's of doing this please?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marine610610, Apr 26, 2009.

1. marine610610 macrumors regular

Im really just fishing for some opinions.

I can get a 3G iPhone (refurb, which i have no problem with) now for free essentially since i got offered 165 for my 16GB 1st Gen iPod touch. I would still have to pay the 200.00 ETF with Sprint however.

I can wait for the new iPhone, which is likely to cost ?? I will still have to pay the ETF, Sprint has me locked up until 2010. I don't have to have a new phone now, id just like an iPhone sooner rather than later. Anyway, im just trying to see this from different angles. Thanks.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Just to clarify, what's your question?

In my world of math, $165 - $200 = -$35

Plus you still have to pay $199/$299 for the new iPhone...

How is that free?

3. marine610610 thread starter macrumors regular

Wait or buy now :D I just noticed there are a lot of these threads...sorry

4. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

Wait. It's only a few weeks now. Even if you only want the 3G and not the new iPhone, it will be cheaper when the one new comes out. You will regret jumping the gun.

5. marine610610 thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't think about a 3g price drop then...

Did they still offer 1st Gen leftovers for sale when the 3g came out?

6. michaelgettys macrumors member

there are also ways you can get out of your sprint contract by "moving" and showing them a lease of your new home in an area where they dont have service!!

7. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I hate the Pre. They ripped off the iPhone OS like crazy. If the iPhone OS never came out, Palm would be a dead company by now. And my friend's Dad works at Palm, so he has a Pre. It's big, bulky, and the OS sucks. There's no font smoothing and it looks like the Windows 3.1 fonts.

To OP, wait for the next one. I just posted this answer in another "Should I buy the 3G now" threads.

9. marine610610 thread starter macrumors regular

Im not interested in the Pre at all. Did anyone notice the instinct v.2 came out as well? Either way im getting an iPhone, i was just soliciting for others ideas for my specific situation. Im going to wait... my wife finally chimed in about it and said " you will be so mad at yourself come July if you buy now".
    What this translates into is "don't even think about LOOKING at the new ones if you buy one now". :D

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I would have to agree with her. When I bought the iPod touch 1G a mere 3 months before the 2G came out, I couldn't bring my self to look at the new ones. I'd imagine this would be worse on the iPhone, since you paid more for it, and signed contracts, etc.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

At this point, I would also wait and see what Apple introduces in June.

12. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Just get it now, since no one really knows if there will even be a new iPhone in the summer

13. marine610610 thread starter macrumors regular

I actually would have got it Friday if ATT"s stupid website didn't have a problem porting my number. Its a sign :apple: