Some qestions about firefox...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jsstrannigan, Jun 15, 2008.

1. jsstrannigan macrumors newbie

I tried searching for this stuff but admittedly gave up pretty quickly, sorry if its a repeat. Please tolerate my lack of knowledge, this is my first mac and i just got it this week.

So whenever I download Firefox it goes onto my desktop, as well as my apps folder. The problem is that I can't eject the Firefox icon from my desktop, I only want it in my dock. Is it possible to take it off the desktop?

I would also like to know if it is possible to use multitouch gestures in Firefox, so far I haven't been able to use the trackpad 3 finger swipe to go back and forward through pages, and it would definitely be a nice feature.

Thanks for any help, and sorry again if its a repeat post.

2. nick9191 macrumors 68040

3. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    delete it off the desktop.

I know the 2-finger scrolling works, I don't think the 3-finger thing works like you were saying.

4. jsstrannigan thread starter macrumors newbie

sweet, those guides helped alot, once i ejected it through the finder rather than clicking on it it actually ejected. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :).

I have the newer version with the multi-touch trackpad, is there no way to enable 3 finger swiping in Firefox? the 2 finger scroll is nice, but I'd still like to use 3 finger swipe.

5. aosman macrumors 6502

The three finger swipe only works with Safari (on computers capable of multitouch)

6. jsstrannigan thread starter macrumors newbie

7. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

8. valvehead macrumors regular

Highly recommended. You can make individual settings for each app. In addition to setting the 3-finger swipe to fwd/back, I set 2-finger rotate to switch between tabs in Firefox. I never thought I'd really care about multitouch, but now I can't live without it. :p