Some questions about battery and charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FatPuppy, Feb 25, 2013.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I have an iPhone 4 and an ipad 3,both on 6.1.2 and I have some questions that are killing me
    1. If my ipad or iPhone has battery less the 10% or less then 20% ,if I charge the ipad and let it charge until 7 in the morning,that means about 8 or 9 hours, is my battery going to be affected?

2. If I use the ipad while it is charging,is the battery going to be affected or get worse?

3. Do I need to use an app from App Store,like battery doctor? And if yes,will it get my battery better?

These are my 3 questions,both for ipad and iPhone,please don't ignore me and answer if you know right,not if you asume and you are not sure,this is really important to me.

2. Resist macrumors 68030

3. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Can I charge my iPhone,it is 30% ,and let it charging 10 hours? Will my iPhone burn or explode? I heard on tv and it was iPhone. Sorry for so manny questions.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

No nothing will happen. Once the battery is charged it will not over charge.i have Never heard of an iPhone EXPLODING.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, there was one that caught fire after a flight in Australia landed. Result of a bad repair done by a third party repair shop. But it wasn't because of the battery.

The bad old days of the old types of batteries are long gone. Charge them whenever you want at whatever capacity. It won't affect the battery.