Apple TV Some questions about Jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jason2811, Mar 13, 2011.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

I updated my ATV2 to version 4.2 last week for the MLB and NBA updates. I want to jailbreak my device for the first time tomorrow so I can use XBMC. I wanted to know if I will still have access to MLB, NBA, and Netflix once I jailbreak my device?

Is Seas0nPass the correct thing to use? THANKS!

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

Yes you still have access to all the ATV2 functions, however XBMC currently has problems with 4.2 because some of the API's have changed.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes, You will be able to access all the stock functions after jailbreak, You need to wait for XBMC and other programs to be update to be working on 4.3 (4.2 apple tv), since it have been some changes.

Also please note that Seas0nPass is a "tethered" Jailbreak, meaning you will have to re run the jailbreaking tool if your AppleTv reboots (Power loss, etc).

My personal advice, wait out a bit, for an update of Greenpois0n or Pwnage tool for an untethered jailbreak and also for the update of the applications.

4. jason2811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great! Thanks for the advice. Any idea how long it takes for these new greenpois0n and XBMC updates to come out? A few weeks?