some questions about jb

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by L0ADING, Jul 6, 2011.

1. L0ADING macrumors member

L0ADING

ok so first off i wanna know if its worth it or should i wait till the bugs are fixed

second idk anything about this shsh stuff and when i try to open tinyumbrella on my computer it doesnt work so can i just do it through cydia? is it because im running windows 7?

im assuming the shsh is for reinstaling older firmwares from what ive read... is it possible just to use someone elses shsh?

how exactly do you downgrade? do i have to use tiny umbrella or is this all possible through cydia?

i think thats it... if you just gonna say google or search dont even bother... thanks in advance

2. kalex macrumors 65816

If you don't want to bother with researching about JB, you shouldn't use it

3. scottphillips88 macrumors member

Dude, just got to jailbreame.com and jailbreak. Cydia will then Save your hashes for 4.3.3 for you. No need for tiny umbrella unless you someday want to go back to 4.3.3

4. L0ADING, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

L0ADING thread starter macrumors member

L0ADING

i did research and i know i want to jailbreak even though some may not agree with why i want to.. i just dont know if it is worth it with all the bugs... i also know how to jailbreak and i just want to use tiny umbrella incase i want to restore.... not saying i need to just good to have...

ill try to get tiny umbrella working but idk whats wrong it starts up sais something about splining then nothing happens...
    thanks for the reponds even though they got me no where

i got an older version of tinyumbrella to work but it asks cydia for the shsh which isnt installed do i have to jailbreak before i can get the shsh i thought u could do it pre jailbreak?