Some questions about keynote and safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BEASTMAN, Nov 2, 2007.

1. BEASTMAN macrumors member

Hello all, just got my new macbook today and am messing around with some apps and have some simple questions.

Keynote- How can I add reflections to text, pictures, shapes, etc. The option is faded out.

Safari- I would like every pop up window to just show up in a new tab, the only option I can find is are links from other apps to open as tabs.

Thanks everyone.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Keynote - did you choose the graphic and then open the Inspector->Graphics->reflections and check the box? You should then be able to set your reflection amount.

Safari- You don't have the option (at least in Tiger) to make links open automatically in new tabs. However, if you hold down command and click, it will open in a tab. I think Safari 3 behaves this way also.

3. BEASTMAN thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply.

I would check the box for reflection but it is grayed out and wont let me click it. I havnt tried with an image but it wont let me do it with text or a shape made in keynote.

Thanks I guess I will have to find a plugin for safari then.

Still would like to know what I need to do to fix the reflections in keynote though.

4. BEASTMAN thread starter macrumors member

bump

Anyone able to help me with those questions? Also...

Keynote- are there built in text styles I am missing similar to office 2007?

On keyboards with the fn key is there a way to remap what they do? I would rather use the expose keys instead of volume so can I assign the volume to use fn instead of expose?

I changed my dock to black, is the a way to increase the reflection?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks for at help.