Some questions about Steve Jobs life & personality

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by u49aa2, Jun 15, 2009.

1. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I am a bit bored and theses questions came to my mind. I just wonder if anybody knows the following about Jobs:

1) what is his personal desktop AND laptop?

2) What is his cell phone? Anybody can confirm if it is 100% an iphone? 2G? 3G? 3GS?

3) The cars he owns?

4) Does he use (own) a PC? or anybody in his immediate family (Kids and wife)?

I know, none of this is any of my business :cool:, but as i said i am bored, and just wonder if anybody have seen a documentary about him answering these questions?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

He's got a MBP and an iMac in his office if I remember correctly.

His car is some type of mercedes (im sure someone who gives a damn about cars could tell you).

3. u49aa2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

What will be more interesting is to know what he owns at home ;)

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Oh come on, hes probably got a huge stockpile of current gen macs all synced up via mobileme. He's head of the company, hes gotta have a ******** of them laying around.

6. u49aa2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

Nice one...:D :D:D:D:D:D. No seriously, i really like to know the answers to these questions. Any body can point me to an official documentary about him (not a youtube amateur videos).

7. u49aa2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

See i have two theories:

1) Bile of old and current generation macs lying around the house.
    2) The more intriguing theory is that he has a Sony Vaio, hidden somewhere in his home office draw. I think such a discovery will shake the grounds of macrumors ;)

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Probably not. As CEO of Apple, SJ did use an IBM Thinkpad as his laptop for awhile, at least until people at Apple got angry. ;)

1) what is his personal desktop AND laptop?

It used to be a 15" PowerBook, so now I'm guessing it's a 15" MacBook Pro.

2) What is his cell phone? Anybody can confirm if it is 100% an iphone? 2G? 3G? 3GS?

Probably an iPhone.

3) The cars he owns?

Probably a few, but one of them is a Mercedes SL55, or maybe SL65.

4) Turn-ons.

Old used panties, and Collector's Edition™ Macs. The older, the better.

9. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

his car is a mercedes sl 55 amg with a barcode label as his license plate. you can find it parked in a handicapped spot.

10. xboxer75010 macrumors 6502

xboxer75010

[​IMG]

11. brax.j macrumors regular

Still you don't find it remotely weird that you want to know so much about him?

12. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Seems like a douchebag move to park in the handicap spot.

13. Pixellated macrumors 65816

He owns the spot, he owns the campus. If he wants he can park on the roof. :D

14. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

hello! Mr. jobs! it appears your mercedes is crumpled to a lump of metal due to a fall from the top of the campus! calling mr.jobs!

15. u49aa2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

Nice one :D

I don't know what are you hinting for :rolleyes: but i am not asking much (if you are hinting toward obsession ;)).

See we know so much about Bill Gates, but not much about Jobs. It is just because i see here in this forum, many people change their gadgets as soon as new products come, and you just wonder is the CEO of apple has the same obsession (changing his laptops regularly) and you wonder if his family follow his philosophy. for example does his son/daughter own the up to date mac, or he/she very original and still use one of these old Gs? Are his immediately family macs or PCs :eek:? and things like that.

16. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

Are you referring to the panties or the Macs?

17. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

Seems like a douchebag move to be so quick to judge. He had pancreatic cancer and a Whipple, a radical surgery that basically reorganizes the major abdominal organs. Unless you've been hiding under a rock, everyone knows that he had to take a medical leave of absence. He is significantly weaker than most people, and should not be out in the sun for too long. Many people who have gone through what he has are too weak to get out and about. I would not have a problem prescribing him, or others like him, a handicap permit.

18. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

I thought he had the only G5 PowerBook Prototype in his office :D

19. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I don't think he was seriously ill back in 1985. :rolleyes:

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Are the Apple/Mac/SJ apologists out in full force today?

The man has been parking in handicap spots, without a licence, for ages. If he gets a fine, he pays it. Yes, he has paid his dues to society by paying the fines, but that doesn't make him any less of an ***hole. ;)

Lets face it: the current CEO of your favourite computer company is an ***hole. Accept it like most other long-time Mac users have.

21. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

Well I don't celebrity stalk or keep up with his day-to-day affairs so you got me there.

22. nick9191 macrumors 68040

He does not own Apple. He is the CEO, it is a public company. He owns part of Apple since he is a shareholder.

23. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

I don't give a **** about Jobs as the CEO or Jobs' personality. I don't care if he was an ***hole or still is. I am being sympathetic to a man who has been through a lot. Pancreatic cancer is one of the worst forms of cancer there is. And given that the Whipple has such a high mortality rate post-op, give the guy a break. He's trying to survive.

24. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Keep in mind that since most if not all Apple products follow his vision, he probably is using Apple products when he has a need for something and there is an apple product. A long time ago he used a wintel laptop briefly but that was before Apple developed its own.

2. iPhone, latest.

3. Mercedes with barcode license plate, used to drive Porsche.

4. Highly unlikely, since all Apple computers can run windows so no need for a pc at all.

Nothing at this location
    http://www.macnn.com/articles/09/06/14/jackling.house.photographs/

This is an excellent book, unauthorized, but good read:
    http://www.amazon.com/Second-Coming-Steve-Jobs/dp/076790432X

25. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

So I guess every man who has ever survived some form of threatening cancer has a licence to be an prick and park in handicap spots without a licence plate. Perhaps there should be a hierarchy of how big an ****** you can be, depending on what form of cancer you've survived:

Pancreatic and lung cancer survivors - Licence to be a big time ***hole, park in handicap spots, run stop signs, and perhaps be allowed to kill out of rage. After all, they had a serious cancer, and they've earned this right. "Roll out that red carpet, b****es. Cancer survivor coming through!" *honk honk*

Brain tumour survivors - Allowed to be an ***hole, but you must drive with a minimum of an invalid licence that has expired within the last 5 years.

Colorectal cancer survivors - They've had their ***holes prodded so many times, surely they can be forgiven for acting like one.

And it should continue from breast and tongue cancer survivors, all the way down to sunburn victims who fell asleep in a tanning bed.