Some questions concerning update to iOS 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RazerRazer, Jun 13, 2011.

1. RazerRazer macrumors newbie

Hello,
    so, i have an iPhone 3Gs old bootrom with iOS 4.0.1 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com.I did't upgrade, cause I didn't need functions like AirPrint or Hotspot (I was satisfied with MyWi). However nowadays many Apps require iOS 4.1, 4.2 or even 4.3, so I want to upgrade now. But there are certain problems:

1. My iTunes says my iPhone has to be restored, I can't make a backup. Can I just copy all of my AppStore Apps out of my Application folder (with AFP) and after the upgrade just copy the back?

And the main problem (that's why i'm posting in this section):
    My Power-Button is broken and as far as I know, redsn0w requires the DFU mode, which I can't enter without it. Does Pwngetool require it or can I, when I'm done with the custom ipsw just restore my iPhone with it? Or are there any tools for my mac to put my iPhone into DFU mode? I found this:
    http://limitededitioniphone.com/how-to-put-the-iphone-into-dfu-mode/
    However I have just a mac and I also read, that this isn't working for the most of windows users.

I would be really thankful if you could help me out.
    :apple:

2. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

How is your power button broken? The button on my 3GS completely fell out after the casing around it broke but I could still press the button with a paperclip or something similar so maybe you can do something about yours too.

3. RazerRazer thread starter macrumors newbie

It is still on place and doesn't look broken, but it works maybe once out of 100 tries. 2 months ago I always had to press it three times, than it worked, but now it's impossible to lock my screen with it. I put a simultaneous click of the volume buttons in Activator for locking the device.