Some questions for 27 iMac owners

Discussion in 'iMac' started by lulla01, Mar 5, 2013.

1. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

So I went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered a i7/32gb/1tb fusion/ 680mx iMac.

I owned a 2010 iMac and loved it before I bought a retina MacBook Pro. I wanted a bigger screen and still intend to keep my laptop but had some questions. Is the fusion drive quieter than a regular HDD? Also what are some complaints if any that some of you have about the new 27 inch? I am a casual user but like to overspec my machines so I don't feel as bad when upgrades are released. I was actually going to wait for the back to school promo and 10.9 to come out but whatever I just pulled the trigger.

2. glintoz macrumors newbie

I have an external hard drive on my desk (WD MyBook) and don't hear the iMac above it (27" 3TB Fusion). If you are in a really quiet room just doing some basic work (not heavy duty gaming - I don't so can't comment on what happens when you do) you can just hear the hard drive spin up and move the heads around when TimeMachine kicks off and does its thing. Fusion or no-fusion you may hear the hard drive but only if you are trying to.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68020

I have both and my iMac is quieter then my rMBP. The noise shouldn't be an issue at all.

4. gaddster macrumors member

I have the same machine, it's fantastic but I got mine to do more video editing with FCPX and MOTION and there is a real big problem with the graphics card and software on this model (more software than hardware problem)

5. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

What's the problem ?

6. gaddster macrumors member

7. DeafRaiders macrumors regular

I can't hear a bloody thing......... it that because i am deaf :p