Some questions for my First Mac!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by vishalduggal, Apr 30, 2012.

1. vishalduggal macrumors newbie

I just bought my first Apple product (an iMac) just a few days ago and I couldn't been more happier.
    Despite the fact and rumors that a new iMac is coming soon I just couldn't wait anymore and at last bought it.
    It is just the base model but I can feel it's internal power and external beauty.

I just have some questions some of you would like to answer :)

1. I spend more than 80% time browsing on my mac. Chrome is really buggy when loading pages and it becomes smooth as soon as all pages load completely, is this happening because my system is not powerful enough, or is it because chrome is really buggy on MAC?
    2. Is there any specific website that explains how to keep your MAC in good health? I tend to use all types of Antivirus programs, PC optimizer and all that kind of stuff in my PC, Do I need them on my MAC too?
    3. My average CPU usage in 5-7% and Ram usage is 2.50-3.00 GB (I did upgraded my Ram from 4 to 8 GB).
    Is this normal?

Thanks in advance,

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

1) How do you know it's "buggy"? Chrome is, in fact, one of the least "buggy" browsers available.
    2) You don't need to do any maintenance past some healthy skepticism when you click "OK" in dialogue boxes or enter your administrator password.
    3) It's normal.