some questions on mac os x leopard(please help if you can)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mifka, Apr 29, 2008.

1. mifka macrumors member

mifka

1)How to change system language?(not keyboard language but whole system language, because the iMac came with preinstalled leopard and it is in russian and i want to change it to english)

2)How to change iMac's name?(current name is "iMac server Leopard" but i want simply "iMac" or another name)

3)And last question is why there is a folder named "common acces" and in the left part of every folder appears a list of different users wich have acces to my iMac and i have to their iMacs and each time i run "VMware FUSION" or install a program i'm asked to enter system password?

Thanks.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

1) In System Preferences, in the International pane, simply drag English to the top of the list in the Languages tab. Log off and log on (or reboot) and your system will be in English.

2) In System Preferences, in the Sharing pane, you can type whatever computer name you want up top.

3) That's not people who have access to your machine, that's a list of other users on the network whose computers you can access. As for you needing to enter your system password, this is done when your system is trying to access a low-level file for which you don't have permissions. It's part of OS X's security. I'd assume you're trying to run a Boot Camp partition in Fusion?

3. mifka thread starter macrumors member

mifka

Thank you

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Thanks, i really needed to know how to change computer name as in the office people need to pull certain files off my computer from certain shared folders and their is a policy of how computers should be named, country initial followed by username, eg for me it would be UK-zain.jetha. its a pain.