some questions on the touch from a beginner!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by morgan7817, Nov 25, 2007.

1. morgan7817 macrumors newbie

hi all, sorry if these questions have been answered before put could anyone help me answer them now. i am thinking of getting an ipod touch but;

1.is there any way you play an avi video file on it, if not, how long does it take to convert the avi file so it can be played.
    2.is it easy to syncronise the ipod to microsoft outlook to use the calender on the computer and the ipod touch.
    3.does it have a built in camera (not that bothered about this but just wondering), if so what is the megapixel?

many thanks, Morgan 7817

2. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Can't answer 2, but:
    1. AVI is a wrapper. QuickTime uses .mov as a wrapper. It depends which codec the was used on the movie as to how easy it is to prepare for the iPod touch.
    3. No camera, sorry.

3. morgan7817 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, do you know of a good converter to convert the file on windows xp, i dont mind paying.

4. ehsteve23 macrumors member

for a free converter, google "3gp Converter" and get the top result, it's easy to set up for ipod (and does stuff for other devices too), for me it usally takes about a quarter to half the time of the video's length, so an hour long video takes between 15 and 30 minutes, it puts them into m4v format, which it compatible with itunes and ipod.

5. aznkid25 macrumors 6502

I have used the 3GP Converter before, but every time I convert a video, the video and audio get out of sync. What setting do you use for this program? Thanks.

6. ehsteve23 macrumors member

MP4 for IPOD, AVC QVGA/192kbs, i've only had audio sync problems if i'm converting more than about 10 videos at a time, if they're done 1 at a time i never get audio out of sync.