Some Questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iLoyal, Dec 14, 2010.

1. iLoyal macrumors regular

Hey guys!! don't worry; this is not one of those questions that ask about ip4 unlock or anything like that. I have ip4 BB 2.10.04 and I jailbroken it.

I have a few questions.
    1st. It shows that there a 1 on my Cydia which is an upgrade, so when I went to Cydia->Changes and it shows that there's 1 thing to upgrade; should I upgrade it? Will this upgrade my BB to 3.10.04 which is 4.2?

2nd. When I try to download some games/apps through Cydia, there's a warning in red that said "iSO4.2 Update Warning/Click Here To Read More. So if I download the games/apps, will this upgrade my BB to 3.10.04 which is 4.2?

3rd. I've saved me shsh files, so if accident which is whatever happen and upgraded to 4.2 will I be able to downgrade the BB also?

Thanks ^^ been waiting for a period of time for the unlock for 2.10.04 and knowing that it's coming out soon; so I dont want to do anything above like Q1 and Q2. So please, transfer me some of your knowledge. Thank you!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

you can not downgrade bb at this time only firmware.

this refers to the programs compatibility a warning that it may not be compatible with that firmware in your case 4.2.1

Cydia will not upgrade you bb no worries there. it is a minor update like the App store. I always see what the update is 1st. such as bug fixes or improvements etc. but in most case updates are fine.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Thank you for not being one of the stupid newbies who upgrade without any thought to their iPhone's jb/unlock.
    When it comes to your bb and iOS, it's Apple's iOS upgrade that's your primary concern.
    When it comes to Cydia upgrades, I do suggest you install your updates one at a time. With Cydia, you have to be careful about a program crashing your jb and forcing a restore. These crashes are more likely to happen with the pirated stuff, but you seem like a smarter person than that.

The way I've been gleaning info from this forum is to read other user's problem posts. Usually, you learn what to avoid and what to do if you were in the OP's situation.
    Best of luck with your phone.

4. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the answers. I mean when you think of doing something and before you actually take action of doing it, you got to think about the effect also. At the same time, i might be misunderstanding; but if I continue to download the games/apps that has the warning; will this upgrade my ios to 4.2/ BB 3.10.04?

Sorry forgot to list that I have ip4 with ios 4.1

5. draz macrumors 6502a

No you are safe, the apps on Cydia won't update your baseband.

It is just a compatibility warning thats all.

6. iLoyal thread starter macrumors regular

Oh my god!! Thank you!! I sworn that I was so scared to download the apps and I wanted this poker game so badly. God bless you.