Some Random Questions and Things I'm Thinking Of xD

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KSR, Jan 21, 2011.

1. KSR macrumors newbie

Well, MacRumors, I have a few little questions that I'd like answers. The questions are in no way related besides being about the iPod Touch. Please don't be mad if this is posted in the wrong forum... D:

1. Any news on when an untethered jailbreak will be released for 4.2.1? Or maybe when Apple will release the 4.3 iOS update via iTunes? I wanna be jailbroken already. T_T

2. Is an iPod Touch 3G (8GB) worth jailbreaking, or should I wait about three weeks to get my new iPod Touch 4G (32GB)? Feedback? >.>

3. I've made a thread asking if this is possible, but now I'd like to know exactly how to do it; I have an iPod Touch 3G and I should be getting an iPod Touch 4G soon because I think it's well worth an hardware update. But if I was to buy a few apps on my current Touch, how will I go about transferring the apps to my new Touch without having to re-purchase them? Please be semi-specific at least. :)

4. Tell me your just a few of your most-used apps, if it's not too much to ask! Mine is School Buddy, Facebook, and PlainText. :D

2. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

1. An untethered jailbreak has not been announced, and i believe that there will not be one before the next software update. 4.3 should be available sometime within the next month at most

2. If you think its worth jailbreaking for what you are going to be using it for then of course it is. all of my iDevices have been jailbroken or hacked in some way, thats just me and the way I use them though.

3. If you sync your purchases to iTunes from your current iPod, then they can be synced to your new iPod touch if you put your iTunes account password into it.

4. Most used apps. Cydia, installous, bbc news, sky news, engadet and my favorite, profanity.

Anything you wish to know just ask

3. KSR thread starter macrumors newbie

So, if I buy apps I will have to sync my old iPod to iTunes, then plug in my new iPod and restore that backup? And log into the "App Store" with the same account? Thanks for the quick reply. :)

4. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

You don't even have to restore from that backup, when your new iPod is plugged in just tell it to sync with those apps that you already have.