Some random questions from a new owner

Magritte

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I did search on all these questions, but either due to not hitting on the right combination of search terms or due to their being too common, I have not found answers. I apologize if they are commonly answered.

1. How much give is the case supposed to have in front when it closes? I don't have the issue of the left side coming up but there seems to be more give than I expected.

2. Is there a way to control the screen dimming that occurs when you take out the plug? I haven't found it in the Energy Saver prefs.

3. Can MBPs sync to .Mac while they're sleeping?

Thanks for your help. I promise my questions will taper off soon.

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
1. I'm not sure exactly what you mean. What give is where?

2. Not that I know of.

3. No.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
2. Is there a way to control the screen dimming that occurs when you take out the plug? I haven't found it in the Energy Saver prefs.
No. All you can do is put the brightness up when you take it off AC.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Check off "Automatically reduce brightness....when using this power source"

Magritte

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
1. I'm not sure exactly what you mean. What give is where?
It's like...when I close the computer, it clicks closed and goes to sleep and all that, but it's not fitting 100% flush as with magnetic latches. An ant could crawl inside. (I'm not worried about this happening, y'understand, I'm just giving a visual.) What I meant by "give" is that when I try to close it all the way, it just opens up that 1/2 a centimeter again. I assume it's just the way the latches are made.

Check off "Automatically reduce brightness....when using this power source"
Awesome, thank you! I knew there had to be a way to do it but after playing with the computer for hours yesterday I guess I got preference blindness.