Some.... Reasurence please!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gillboyswims96, Jun 19, 2009.

1. gillboyswims96 macrumors regular

Hey. I'm a long time lurked of these forums and just recently signed up. Aka, today.

I have been wanting a mac for I'd say... Four years, and a MacBook specifically for 3. I have a finally gotten to the point where I know I'm going to get one if I want it, but I have been watchig a bunch of youtube videos of stuff that has gone with theirs.

Can you guys please like reasure me that nothing wil happen... Or what might happen, or what happened to yours???

Thanks much.

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

You will, of course, see problems and even horror stories here. Kinda like the news, the good stuff doesn't get publicized much.

I switched about 18 months ago and never looked back. My only regret was that I didn't do it sooner.

You have nothing to worry about. Just realize that yes, even macs are computers and can have problems. The OS is just so much more stable than Windows, though.

Welcome to the community! Browse around and feel free to ask questions. :)

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

4. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

It's like how they advertise. The hardware is made by the same company who makes the operating system, so there is no doubt it will work much better than a Windows machine.

5. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

You'll get all the reassurage™ you want here; it is a mac forum after all.:rolleyes:

6. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

To be honest, any questions you have or problems about your mac, you can get it here.

If you are really worried though, I suggest buy apple care. I think it's about £150 for 3 years, and you can register it anytime within your first year of purchase.

James

7. gillboyswims96 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks peoples :)

i will be getting AppleCare just in case...

i probably just have some buyers remorse (even if i havn't bought it yet...)

8. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

Trust me, after being on a PC for 8 years, and saving up for over a year (only 15:p) I bought a macbook and before I bought it, I was worried exactly the same as you.

As soon as you open the box, and get the macbook out, absolutely everything you feared from it will go away. If you do feel you are having problems with it, just take it back to apple, they will sort it, no questions asked.

James

9. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I recently switched to a mac about 6 months ago. So far everything has been awesome and no problems that weren't easily fixable.

All computers are subject to problems, but I guarantee that you will have way less problems with a mac than you had with your previous windows computers.

If you ever have problems with your mac. Just ask questions here. People are always fast to respond and very helpful. I have never had a problem un-resolved after I put it on this forum.

10. gillboyswims96 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks. we are close to the same age, so its nice to here from a... almost peer.

ive noticed that, from just being on the forum like 2 hours... haha

11. Maxxim macrumors newbie

I switched a few weeks ago. I will never buy a PC again (I still have 11 of them kicking around. I am hoping to replace them all, short of my gaming box, with an xServe in the near future).
    My gf switched the same day, and she has the same opinion.
    The only issues I have seen (I have yet to have any) is right out of the box. Which happens with anything, not just computers. Apple has a 14 day return policy, no questions asked. If you dont like it (lol yeah right) you can just return it. If its a lemon, return it, get a new one.