Some settings reset after phone restart...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ashin, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Has this ever happened to anyone? I sometimes reboot my iPhone with power+Home if my recharge ever gets stuck on 99% when I unplug it, and occasionally some of my settings will reset, and I will be greeted with a "Welcome, this is the Homescreen blah blah" message as if it is the first time using it...

Not a huge deal, but a little annoying since it turns back on notifications, turns of battery %, turns off tilt lock and a few other things...

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

is your phone jailbroken?
    i was getting issues very similar to that with my jailbroken phone after adding a particular add on (longitude). The Developer updated the app, and i never had a problem after...

iphone 4 4.0.1

4. tilhus macrumors newbie

I have the same issue!

My iPhone 4 is not jailbroken, and I had this same issue with 4.0.1 and now with 4.1.

My ringtone gets reset, as well as the home screen background. The battery percentage indicator is turned off as well. I also see the update bar under the apple logo while the phone is booting up, same one you see when performing an upgrade or restore.

Why is this happening?? It's very easy to undo the damage, but it's annoying.

5. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

I have never gotten this message after a reboot.

6. Ashin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Just happened again, not jailbroken btw.

Maybe I should switch off, rather than do a hard reset in future?

Maybe hard reset can damage the iOS, whereas switching off actually shuts it down properly?

7. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

sorry to bring up this old thread but i didnt want to start a new one, i just experienced teh same problem! another odd thing was that i was playing "tilt to live" just now, when i was done, i hit the home button and my wallpaper changed itself to the lock screen wallpaper (my lock screen and homescreen wallpaper were different photos).

has anyone else been having this problem? OP, does this still happen to you?