Some Simple iPhone 4 Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ruk110, Aug 16, 2010.

1. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

A few questions i have that are really bugging me..

1: Is there any way each and every individual text's time stamp can be checked? All of my SE phones used to have details behind each and every text down to the specific second it was sent.

2: Can a call be recorded whilst talking? I tried going into voice memo, but no luck there

3: Can the screen be locked using the sleep/wake button whilst in a call using the ear piece and not hands free or loudspeaker?

4: Are there delivery reports settings/features for sms?

5: Is it possible to dial 999 whilst the screen is locked like other phones do?

2. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

1. No, only if you jailbreak and download an app that's called "bitesms" which I replaced my default messages app with. All you do when you download it is tap and hold an SMS bubble and it will give you the time right to the second

2. There is a way I read on this forum but I don't remember

3.no, the sleep/wake button ends the call of you press it during a call. Why would you need that though? The proximity sensor turns off the screen while on a call and pressed against your face.

4. Only if you jailbreak and download bitesms like I listed above. It has a million features! I cant live without it

5. What? Well on the lockscreen you have an emergency call button you can call certain numbers with

3. ruk110 thread starter macrumors regular

ruk110

1: got bad experience with jailbreaking it

2: ok

3: the proximity sensor does not work very well, also sometimes i hold it abit far from my face

4: see number 1

5: where is this/what is this emergency button?

4. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

You only see the emergency button if you set a passcode lock and when you slide it the button will be on the bottom left

5. Joe52985 macrumors newbie

Sleep/wake button does NOT end the call. Proximity sensor is supposed to be fixed in 4.1.

6. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Yeah, along with the jailbreak.

And Sleep/Wake does end calls. In fact, it's how I usually end all of my calls.

7. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

The newer method of Jailbreaking an iDevice is simple. You should have no problems with it. Just go to jailbreakme.com, and follow the on-screen instructions. After that, go into Cydia, and download bitesms like DanggxAmanda said, and you'll be good to go.

The only way you can lock the phone during a call is if you're on speaker phone. Doing it while not on speaker will end the call.

The emergency button is only available when your phone is locked with a passcode. It is there in case there is an emergency, and someone can't get in your phone due to the passcode. It wouldn't make sense to put it on the lock screen alone, as all you have to do is 'slide to unlock', and go into phone and dial the number.

8. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Really newbie? It does end the call UNLESS you put it on speaker

9. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Actually there is a way to be on the phone and press the sleep/wake button to just turn off the screen.

If you are on a call turn the speaker mode on, then press the home button, then press the sleep wake/button you can still be on the call but have the screen off. But this isn't really practical if you're in a loud place or something or don't want people to hear your call as you have to keep it on speaker mode.