some songs not playing on iPod in iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psha85, Jul 30, 2012.

1. psha85 macrumors newbie

I've had about 4 iPhones over the past few years and before that i had a second generation iPod nano. Over this period of time, I purchased a lot of music thru iTunes either on my computer or thru the one in iPhone. I then transferred music over from each iPhone to the new one. Usually this has worked fine, however since I upgrade to 4S, I've noticed that songs I have purchased thru iTunes on past iPhones (or the old iPod) no longer play. Although when just testing out different ones now I notice some old ones will play and others won't. I'm not sure if it's just a random issue or not. If I have it on shuffle and it comes to one of those songs, it either stops, or oddly enough, it will start playing a different song but still show the other song's album cover and information. If I play a song individually and it doesn't work, it will either just do nothing or it will skip to the next song immediately. I can't quite figure out what's happening with this but I'm guessing it has to be a migration issue.

Has anyone else experienced this and know how I can fix it? Is it just a matter of authorizing something within iTunes or iPhone?

Please let me know. Thanks!

*Pooja*

2. DeeGee48 macrumors regular

DeeGee48

Another Song Playback Problem!

Psha85, I just came across your post while seeking to post about my problem, which has similarities to yours. Maybe readers can help us both!

My problem is this. I recently subscribed to iTunes Match. Everything worked fine with about 10,200 songs. It matched most of them, and uploaded almost everything else. Everything played fine too, for awhile. Then I noticed that on one of my most-used playlists, that one of the songs which did play at first, suddenly stopped playing. When the playback gets to that point it just skips over it now and goes to the next song. Neither will it play from the song list, nor album, nor artist. It still plays fine on my Mac however, and on my non-iOS iPod.

I have turned off Match and then back on. I have re-set the iPad while in the Music app. Nothing works. The song just will not play. Anyone have any ideas? It is ironic too that the song is "Steve Jobs" by Jonathan Mann! This just WON'T do! :eek: I am hoping that Apple has some help for us with things like this in iOS 6 on Wednesday, like the ability to "re-up" munged songs to the Cloud.