Some sound comes from speaker, other from headphone

Discussion in 'iMac' started by illegalprelude, Mar 23, 2012.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Hey everyone. So In my settings, I have my sound as "Yeti Stereo Microphone" to which I've plugged in my headset. No problem so far. Generally, I would toggle between that or "headphones" which is my speakers. Suddenly, I'm getting some of my system sounds from my headphones and others from my speaker.

For example, when I push Volume Up/Down, I hear the chirp in my headphones, same with iTunes. But when I delete something and it goes in the trash or I recover something (basically a lot of system sounds), those come from my speakers.

I've tried toggling the audio back and forth, logged out of my account, unplugged my speaker and plugged it back and nothing. So wt:confused:

2. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Figured it out. Under System Preferences > Sound > Sound Effects, you can choose a different output than your normal sound and for me, it was switches to 'headphones' which mean my speakers :D

Changed it to Yeti and voila, I'm all set. Hope this helps someone in the future!

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Your title reads very poetical. "Some sound... it comes from headphones. Other sound, they find their way into our world through speakers..."