Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uncleMonty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
Hi - I solved one problem I had earlier, but now I have another. I've installed the software synth ZynAddSubFX (and can control it via MIDI) but cannot get it to output the sound to my audio interface and external monitors, instead it insists on using the internal laptop speakers. The other sounds from the laptop are all correctly routed to the external audio interface (Apogee Duet 2). How is this even possible? Here's what I've done:

In Jack Audio, I've connected the softsynth to the system audio.

In audio preferences, I've set the output device to Duet USB.

So how can the softsynth be coming out of the internal laptop speakers instead of through the interface?? As far as troubleshooting, the only things I know to check are the things I've mentioned already. Thank you for any guesses as to what I could do next.

uncleMonty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
Ok, it's solved. Solution, in case anyone comes across the thread in the future, was that Jack Pilot had an extra field I needed to configure in order to route audio from the softsynth properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.