some speakers in price like the av 40

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fc0712, Nov 20, 2010.

1. fc0712, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010

fc0712 macrumors regular

hello i am lokking for some speakers that have the same price range as the av 40.
    hope you have some ideas

the price range is 179 - 200 $

2. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

3. mrdm macrumors regular

I agree...

Listening to them right now and they are fantastic. I am using them in my office and moved the m-audio AV30s to the family room where they don't get used that often. I just listened to the AV30s and the Audioengine provide much more clarity and a richer, much fuller sound than the M-audio.

Go with the audioengine A2s - you cannot find a better desktop speaker system IMO

4. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

Regardless of the price, the AV30s and the A2s can't be compared. One must distinguish between consumer speakers - however nice or pricy they can be - and prosumer and pro studio audio monitors. Audio monitors are meant to have a flat output, necessary for audio work to avoid distorting sound color, and hence, being able to equalize properly.

Consumer speakers on the other hand are somewhat "colored" by the manufacturer to output what most people think of a "nicer, richer, fuller" sound. Note that this has nothing to do with the quality of the components in high end consumer speakers, rather than the speakers configuration and design.

So if you don’t work with audio, get consumer speakers - the A2s seem nice enough.

cheers!

5. RealJerry macrumors newbie

AV 40 is pretty good! The sound quality is absolutely amazing.

6. toxic macrumors 68000

Swan D1080MkII08

to be clear, there were two older models, the D1080 and D1080MkII. whether there are audible differences between the three, who knows...the '08 just goes to a slightly lower frequency compared to the normal MkII.