Some Stock apps coming to iPad in IOS6 (proof)

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Altimax98, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Altimax98, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

So I was kinda bummed that the stock weather and stocks app werent included in the Beta 1 of iOS 6. I really wish they included them, at least we get the clock. Well today I was working with my iPad and pulled the notification bar down and long behold there's a stocks widget scrolling around. I have a bone stock iPad (2012) not jail broken and running the beta. I have included the screenshots for proof and you can see the enabled notifications and Stocks are not there.

It does appear to be retina optimized... :)

I haven't been able to change any setting so far because there is no corresponding app lol.. Tapping the yahoo button does bring you to yahoo.

(Edit) clicking the stocks opens the stock iPhone stocks app.... Weird

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(reuploaded the pics on my own site for higher quality)

2. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

3. Altimax98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Altimax98

The funny thing is that I dont either..... Its a hopeful sight though... i really hope to atleast have the weather widget

4. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

5. Altimax98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Altimax98

I dont have a clue... I wiped the device, installed it (beta1) from a fresh 5.1.1 install, activated it, restored from iTunes and then went on my merry way. It didnt show up until this afternoon. The ONLY thing ive done today that could do that is enable the Emoji keyboard on it (its stock now :D )

6. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

That is what I would like to have on my iPad as well,so in a way getting stocks is good lol.

7. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

It has always puzzled me why they've left out the basic stock apps in iPad. There's really no justification for it, imo. Even the "we want developers to create apps" is sort of a lame justification for the Stocks and Weather apps.

That, and widgets in Notif bar.... Why would you not include it in the iPad? I don't get these inconsistencies.

OP, does going to the iPhone Stocks app on your iPad, and then exiting to the home screen, bring up any sort of stocks app on the multitasking tray? Not a developer here, so I don't get how this is hidden from the system!

8. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Whats the share widget? And could we get a pic of it.

9. Brenz macrumors member

You can actually get the weather by asking Siri. As you mentioned you managed to open stocks from the Notification bar I tried it with Siri and sure enough it opened up the iPhone Stocks app but this doesn't work with Weather.

10. Altimax98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Altimax98

It is the Facebook and Twitter share notification widget.

Siri does open the Stocks App when asked to launch it. But asking to Launch Weather she says it's not installed

11. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

Wow! Hope they have a weather app and calculator app that look as amazing as the new clock app.