Some suggestions for MacBook accessories

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by spaghetti, Jul 8, 2008.

1. spaghetti macrumors newbie

I ordered an InCase hardshell case but would like to protect the keyboard and mousepad.

How is the invisibleSHIELD (https://www.zagg.com/) compared to apeelz (http://www.applepeelz.com/)? Should I go ahead and order the covers for the top and bottom if I already have a hardshell case?

Are there any codes available for the Zagg website? :)

Also, I will be a Mac convert when my beautiful little computer arrives on Friday. I am looking for a two-button mouse, preferably wireless (and bonus points if it does not use up one of the USB slots), to add to the family but I do not like the feel of the Mighty Mouse. Any suggestions would be quite welcome!

I am running as many searches as I can to find some answers to my questions, but I hope you don't mind this newbie posting. I am getting antsy and want to order a few of these accessories soon! Thank you.

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Hey Spaghetti and welcome to the forum -

Some of the major items to budget for would be AppleCare, an external HD and perhaps a good pair of speakers.

To protect my keyboard, I use a microfiber cloth the size of the keyboard and lay it on top of the keys before closing the lid. That way, any oil or dirt won't transfer to the screen and as an added bonus, I always have the cloth close by to clean my MB.

I use a microsoft wireless mouse and an Apple (old style) wired keyboard at my office. The keyboard takes up one usb port on the MB and the usb sender for the mouse plugs into one of the 2 ports on the keyboard.

I travel quite a bit so I invested in a case for my MB too.

Congrats on your new purchase. -GDF

3. spaghetti thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much for the tips, GfulDedFan. I ordered Friday night/Saturday morning and my computer just arrived! Now I'm waiting on the other things. I did order AppleCare, I'm not sure if it comes in one of my shipments because under Order Status, it just says 'Complete'.

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

ctfssk will get you 20% off at zagg.com (the peeps who make invisibleshield).

5. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964