Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Yes I did read that thread. Most posts are about not being able to do wifi or the upcoming tethering app by MuscleNerd and mostly crap talk about how the developer packaged the hack posted here and trying to make some money. Not much useful information, yet.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Yes I did read that thread. Most posts are about not being able to do wifi or the upcoming tethering app by MuscleNerd and mostly crap talk about how the developer packaged the hack posted here and trying to make some money. Not much useful information, yet.

Well, Since I was one of the ones that posted on the other thread about the developer autorunning the commcenter hack, Ill throw my opinion out here as well! I think its great that the developer packaged the code, as I mentioned on the other thread, ssh is not for everyone! Im glad someone did it though! Its a great option to mywi and uses no where near the battery life! I have no intentionally tested the tethering while on a phone call, but can tell you that while I was tethered to my macbook, I did get a call and was on the phone for about 2 minutes and I never dropped my connection. I think you will be alright provided that you are on 3G network.

As far as a speedtest.net, I ran that the first time I went online with it and if I remember correctly it was around 2.62 down and .80 up.

I believe that its the exact same thing as the att tethering minus the $20/month fee!

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Yeah, I did not want to SSH into the phone so this option works for me. I have pdaNet but I don't like the way it connects and having the wifi on uses more battery on the phone. I only have it because I bought it a long time ago, before other tethering options.

So do you get the pretty blue "tethering" screen when it's connected? I had the hack on my 3GS and I loved it. I want it on my iPhone 4 now.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
DjAmTraX said:
So do you get the pretty blue "tethering" screen when it's connected?

The status bar looks the same on MyWi and TetherMe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.