Some texts not appearing in Messages...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dauber, Dec 19, 2014.

1. dauber macrumors regular

dauber

Wasn't sure what forum to post this on as this kind of covers a bit of iOS and a bit of OSX...but...

Thursday night I texted my niece. I do NOT have iMessage enabled; my texts are just raw, everyday texts. Found it odd that I didn't get a response; she usually responds right away.

Anyhoo....turned on my iMac today (Friday), and lo and behold, she DID respond right away - but the message didn't show up on my phone...it only showed up in the notification center on my iMac (w/the latest Yosemite) and in the Messages app on my Mac.

I tried every Google search term and quote combination I could, but the closest I could find was "some texts appear on my iPad but not my iPhone," so I apologize if this is a common occurrence with a well-known fix....

How can I ensure that I will ALWAYS get texts on my phone?

2. iBoffin, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014

iBoffin macrumors newbie

This happened to me.
    Last night my niece sent me and another person an iMessage.
    Having booted up into OS X this morning, the iMessage was there in Messages but wasn't delivered to my iPhone 5s.
    The 2nd recipient got the message ok but I didn't, so if I hadn't have checked the iMac I'd have never had known until the sender had asked about it.

Late 2012 iMac - Yosemite 10.10.1
    iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 8.1.2