Some thoughts on Lion Touchpad configuration

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by paelzersebbi, Jul 12, 2011.

1. paelzersebbi macrumors member

Hey guys!

So, I tried out Lion GM for a while now and overall impression is ok. The only really striking disadvantage is the touchpad configuration.

Do you know the option on SL to tap on a window/file and lock it to move the window/file? In Lion this option is gone. Only thing you can do is to use 3 fingers to move, which in my opion is a somehow unnatural gesture.

I got used to the new scroll behaviour, but another thing is the 4 finger pinch to open launchpad. I want more freedom to choose the gesture I like best. I know they want to create this user expirience bla bla, but I think it should be your choice what's best for your experience...

They included more gestures and dropped others... I don't really like that.

Any thoughts on that? Is there maybe a solution to solve the tap/lock/move thing!?

Best regards!

2. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

The "drag lock" setting is buried in Universal Access --> Trackpad Options. Seems this is the default cess pool where many options are ending up in.

3. Squicken macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Get Better Touch Tool