Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sariam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hey MRs' just ordered a new 27 inch iMac last night after selling my 2010 27 inch core i3 iMac. I upgraded the processor to the core i7 and my buddy suggested to also do the 1TB Fusion drive. What are something new and exciting things to look forward to with the 2013 edition and 2010 edition of the iMac, thanks!

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Fusion: Faster boot times and application loads - Overall quicker read and write speeds

i7: Hyperthreading, useful if you're doing heavy rendering or encoding

Design: Sleeker, cooler and quiter - Screen is lamitated to the glass. Less chance of dust and reduced glare

Wifi: New AC standard useful only if your maxing your N standard now with network backups or something. Also, remember you'll need a compatible router.

GPU: Faster and cooler card. Play the latest titles with more detail, higher resolutions and quicker FPS

That's pretty much it.. Enjoy!

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Hey MRs' just ordered a new 27 inch iMac last night after selling my 2010 27 inch core i3 iMac. I upgraded the processor to the core i7 and my buddy suggested to also do the 1TB Fusion drive. What are something new and exciting things to look forward to with the 2013 edition and 2010 edition of the iMac, thanks!

It will be faster and more powerful, but that's about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.