Some very big and crazy bugs with voiceover on a 5c

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by steve knight, Oct 8, 2014.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

My wife is blind and uses voiceover. there have always been bugs in her apple products caused by voiceover but IOS8 has brought the worst ones.
    simple ones like siri not responding scrolling in settings causes crashing and other small things. But since a restore and a reset at a genies appointment they have gotten crazy. So she was calling one person and her phone called two people and hung up on the wrong one. siri stopped working but would pop up with inquiries on it's own even with the hey siri turned off. She started playing music in a app but another app was playing a song at the same time. then airplay got strange. she connected to it and the speakers turned on but no sound worked with Bluetooth worked with airplay on my phone.
    well here was the weird thing when apple first came out with streaming to a airport express voiceover used to play along with whatever was streaming but was delayed and made it very hard to use. well last night she was connected to the speakers with airplay and voicever was playing through the speakers. turning voiceover off then on would fix it till she connected to airplay again.
    I guess we should have taken the genius up on getting a replacement phone with 7.1 but she is getting a 6 today so we will see how it goes.

2. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

My wife also uses Voiceover and we've been holding off upgrading her phone on the general assumption that it's buggy like so many other parts of iOS 8…

We were however trying out the braille keyboard feature on my phone the other day which is actually very cool. You can actually type using a virtualized onscreen braille keyboard. A bit of a learning curve though as you have to train yourself to always use the same hand position.

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

best to wait for sure. so far the 6 is a bit better but she was having trouble with voiceover not going through the speaker. Yes my wife wants to use the brail input but she will have to spend some time learning it. but yes hold off it can get pretty strange. right now with the 6 bluetooth is strange with voice over and air play a bit better.