Some weather information in the notification bar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Indian Devil, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Indian Devil macrumors regular

Hey guys just got an iPhone 6 for my better half and I want to know as to How can I get it to display weather information in the notification bar. Looked at all the settings but can't get it to work. It is only showing the date and day.

Also can I set data limit on an stock iPhone without any help?

Might need some more help, will post as needed.

Help will be appreciated.

2. silentnick macrumors newbie

In the "Today" tab scroll to the bottom and hit "Edit". Depending on the apps you have you can make a lot of them show on that section.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

Do you mean the bar at the top of the home screen or the notification widgets screen that you swipe down to access?

If you're referring to the former, it's not possible with stock iOS.

If you're referring to the latter, scroll all the way down to the bottom of that screen and select "Edit." Make sure that Yahoo! Weather is included in the top group of apps. Yahoo! Weather is the required app for this notification widget.

4. Indian Devil thread starter macrumors regular

Can't find yahoo weather in the edit tab, how to add it?

Thanks

5. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

I'm sorry, I believe I misspoke. It just uses the info from the stock Apple weather app.

Do make sure that location services is enabled for the app (settings>Privacy>location services) for the app. If it is, then do a hard reset of your phone (hold down power & home buttons for several second until phone resets). Then see if it appears.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

You can use other weather apps too besides the stock one and some of them actually are more accurate and offer more information. I also have Living Earth in my notification widgets which is more accurate and provides more information.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

As has already been mentioned, you will need to jailbreak if you want weather in the status bar (versus Notification Center).

There are a number of tweaks that will give you that (Statusbar Weather is the one I use). As well as a few other things, like live weather on your lockscreen and homescreens.

2015-08-22 09.13.00.png 2015-08-22 09.13.09.png

8. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

True. I use "Check the Weather" and "Dark Sky". I also like "Yahoo! Weather."

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes I have Dark Sky as well on my phone. It's also a good alternative to the stock weather app.