Some website don't open in Safari- constant redirecting

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by i-sidd, Dec 10, 2009.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

This started happening since last 2 weeks. I am trying to open avsforum.com and on safari it constantly redirects me to other websites. I tried on Firefox as well and the same thing. Safari is 4.4 and I am on 10.4 tiger. What do I need to fix this.

2. MacTech68, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

No problem here with Safari 4.0.4 on Tiger.

Try this: for each offending website, go into Safari's Preferences, click on "Security", then click the "Show Cookies" button.

In the top of that window is a search bar. Type "avs" without quotes, and delete all cookies associated with avsforum. Quit Safari and relaunch. Note that some customizations for websites like color selection, themes and auto-logins may need to be re-selected.

If that doesn't work, a screen grab may also be helpful.

:)
    ________
    Mercedes-Benz M100 engine

3. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the quick response, I tried what you instructed and there was only 1 cookie. Here is the screen grab
    View attachment 206659

Attached Files:

4. MacTech68, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Hmmm, I assume you tried clicking on that Cookie and clicking "Remove"?

And I should have been clearer, a screen grab of the error/problem would be good.

Though I should mention I have many more cookies for avsforum. Nine in total.

When you look at the main "Security" page, is the option "Select Cookies:" set to "Always" ?
    ________
    Ferrari Challenge history

5. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes select cookies is set to always. I can't get it work and its very frustrating.

6. andrewbashuk macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I've been having this problem all the time. It happens often when I'm attempting to go to twitter.com, it will redirect me to some random webpage, it does it for espn.com, often re-directing to google.com. Just this AM i tried to log onto espn (which is working) but then when i try to access my fantasy football team it redirects me automatically, and i can't stop it. i restart, reset, clear cache, clear cookies, it still does it. eventually like an hour later i'll be able to access the site again. i've attached a screen grab of the issue, i hope this helps.

thanks in advance for your help!
    -andrew

Attached Files:

7. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

I'm wondering if these issues are a DNS problem.

Check your DNS settings with your ISP's recommended settings.

Also, if it happens again, try issuing the following appropriate command in "terminal":

For 10.5.2 and above:

dscacheutil -flushcache

For 10.5.1 and earlier:

lookupd -flushcache