Some weird Malfunctions on Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jboelter101, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Jboelter101 macrumors newbie

I just bought my touch on Saturday from Best Buy.
    I bought a 16GB. After reading about the black on the screen,
    I looked at mine, and I do notice somewhat of a negative look to it.
    It isn't that bad, but for $400 dollars, it should be way better.
    My iPod, did do something odd the other day. While I was trying to
    play a movie on it, every time I pressed the movie to watch it, the movie would play but the picture was very messed up. It was all pixelated and it was red and blue. I restarted it, an I haven't experienced the problem yet, but it still worries me.
    Another odd thing that happened to me today, was when I set my password lock on my iPod, I tested to see what would happen when I typed in the wrong password many times. After about 10 or so times, it said: "iPhone disabled for 1 Minute" Yes, it said iPhone.
    This worries me, and I don't know what to do. I payed $400 for this, and I hope they are going to give free replacements for this.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

The "iPhone disabled" problem is just the wanderings of a stripped down OS copy and shouldn't be anything to worry about. I'd get the display problem checked out though.

3. iApplemasteru macrumors newbie

my solution

hey dude ok now i no this is not ur fault so heres wat u do, u walk into bestbuy(show them whose boss and be assurtive) and say i bought my touch like a week ago and now it is malfunctioning on my and isnt working properly can u replace it??

hope it works good luck:eek:

4. r21hugo macrumors member

r21hugo

yes, i agree with the person above, i would even take it to apple store (which i did, i bought my ipod touch at best buy and took it to apple and told them about the negative screen, got a new one), if it is not up to par you should most definitely get your money back/exchange it. I think all of us spent 400 dollars expecting to get a gadget we would be completely happy with if this is not the case then i encourage you to take it back. good luck.