Some workdays are better than others!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by scienide09, Aug 27, 2010.

1. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I thought you might enjoy seeing this. I processed these thirty-six iPads for a project I'm working on. They're all the base model 16GB wifi, and we'll be loaning them out to students starting this fall term.

Attached Files:

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Would have been nice if I got one of those for free :)

3. stark4 macrumors 6502

wait what kind of school/class is that? very nice!

4. scienide09 thread starter macrumors 65816

scienide09

You? What about me? No free iPads to be had, unfortunately. Though I have been pretty much the only one to use the single one we purchased to test for the project.

Not a class at all, actually. I work at a university library, and we'll be lending these to students, staff, and faculty for short-term loans.

5. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

That sounds like an interesting program.

Which school do you work at?

6. stark4 macrumors 6502

how much is it gonna cost to lend one for a semester? what if they made scratches on the ipad?

7. scienide09 thread starter macrumors 65816

scienide09

To ensure that our entire student body has a crack at borrowing one, semester loans are out. Our current plan is to loan them for a few days at a time. Not great, but longer than the 4-hour loans other libraries are trying. As for scratches and damage, well, we'll be monitoring that closely. If one becomes too damaged to circulate, it will be pulled from the program. Otherwise, we'll have a standard fines/replacement cost program in place, in case someone decides to keep it for longer than the loan period.