Somebody should port STALKER

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Ol3s, May 17, 2009.

1. Ol3s macrumors regular

Ol3s

I think its a good idea as the game is fun and not too demanding (recommended is core 2 duo 2.0ghz). It would be best of course if the upcoming Call of Pripyat would be ported. It would be a reason for aspyr to get off its lazy ass and stop using the excuse that there are no good games to port.

2. capoeirista macrumors 6502

Wasn't STALKER full of bugs? I never played it but I'm sure I heard/read that somewhere.

3. Ol3s thread starter macrumors regular

Ol3s

I have not experienced any bugs with shadow of chernobyl or clear sky. The people who say that they have bugs are probably in the minority

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hmm, I found it quite demanding (very inconsistent frame rate) even on low settings on my decent PC and also quite buggy. But it's a great game with some very dedicated followers :D

5. Ol3s thread starter macrumors regular

Ol3s

I had the opposite, i found the game quite undemanding on medium on my crappy laptop and only had 1 crash.

6. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

Runs fine on crossover except for the irritating flickers into black and white on occasion.

7. Ol3s thread starter macrumors regular

Ol3s

I think thats when you run into radiation (but i dont remember maybe it is something wrong with the game.

8. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

9. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

STALKER is one of the better games of the last few years, but saying it wasn't at least relatively buggy on release is living in an alternative universe. They have patched it up to the point that it is quite solid (not perfect, I know some who still are up in arms that they never finished the final promised patch for the original game). Clear Sky is also a great game ...

10. Ol3s thread starter macrumors regular

Ol3s