Somebody Smack Me...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GrecoISU, Oct 2, 2014.

1. GrecoISU, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

GrecoISU macrumors member

TL;DR: I have been an Apple guy for four years, love the operating system. Thinking about moving to a Note 4, primarily for storage purposes and hardware.

Just a quick back story, I got iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5 on each launch day. I attempted to get a 6 Plus but Best Buy had zero, after I waited several hours as the first person in line. I, for the most part, hate the Android OS as it's clunky as well as it having poor aesthetics.

I've been trying to find a 6 Plus and had a 16 GB Gold (I'd rather have Space Gray) about an hour and a half from me that I could have picked up. The guy on the phone at Target has me thinking (he's not an Android fanboy) that between hardware and storage space it might be the better buy for the price.

Somebody talk me off the ledge.

Edit... Trolls stay away.

2. munakib macrumors 6502

Get the Note 4, its definitely going to be better in everyway plus (pun intended) it doesnt bend!

[​IMG]

3. Starfyre, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

[​IMG]

That being said, the note 4 is a great device as well. Android has come a long way don't let the blinded ones tell you otherwise. If you aren't tied down to the Apple ecosystem (and you aren't since you are considering switching to android), then trying out new things is always healthy. What's the worst that could happen? You return it?

Good luck with your choice :)

5. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

Don't do it. I have had all the Notes. Sure their nice and Android has its pluses. However, TouchWiz is getting more intrusive and creates issue with apps and crashes more than I like. My iPhone 5 has always taking better picture and now my 6 Plus does as well.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Lemme get this straight, you're invested in the ecosystem, love the products, and hate Android OS, and all it takes is a little impatience and a poorly paid customer call center worker to get you thinking about switching? Wow...jump....

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

8. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

9. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Always try to take a trip over to Android land. Always find myself disappointed. Give the note a try, but you'll be back.

10. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I'd bet that you regret it but you'll never know if you don't try. :p

:apple:

11. techspin macrumors 6502a

Get that one phone where the screen bends on one side.

12. blackhawk526 macrumors member

blackhawk526

Android=Nexus man. You'd even like the new Moto over the Note long term.

You could get a 6 within a few days though.

13. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

It's your choice mate. Your just going to get biased comments.

I use iOS , android and windows . All have pros and cons . Choose the OS you like the most , or the ecosystem you have committed to. Hardware will just keep on improving.

14. ChrisStunner macrumors member

I've always said androids have better hardware, but iPhones have better software. I've used both for years. That being said I love iPhones way more than Android! It all comes down to preference though.

15. doboy macrumors 68000

Get it and try it. Why not. After previously using S3 and Note 2 I would personally avoid Samsung devices. I think LG G2/3 is a much better device with less crapware.

16. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I wouldn't get it just because the 6 Plus is unavailable at current. Get the phone you want, even if you have to wait.

If you want a stylus, slightly longer battery life with exchangeable batteries, and expandable storage, go for the Note. Just be aware, it will not work with any of your Apple stuff and you basically throw customer service availability out the window.

17. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Don't they offer 128GB? If you use more than that on your PHONE... I don't even know...Hardware???? You saying you love the iOS. No other phone has as much accessories as the iPhone as well. LOL. Anyways I'm on a Note 3. Definitely better than the iPhone 5s, haven't tried a 6 yet so who knows. Waiting for the Note 4 to release.

18. vandersof macrumors newbie

I'm on a note 3 too. Traded my 5s for it. It was just too meh for me. I moved to Germany with means... New contract I can basically get any phone for free. Note 4, 6 and 6+ and don't know what to do. I do like my note and think it's a great phone. I am an Apple fab at everything else, but have managed to make everything work with Android. I don't know if I would get bored with iPhone. But the note 4 looks just the same as the 3. (2k doesn't matter that much to me) what to do?

19. taedouni macrumors 65816

Get the note 4 if you want to store your business cards in between the screen and chassis. It's their new killer feature. On a more serious note (pun intended), get the 6 plus. It's the phone of your dreams. Trust me. Every year I have an affair and try out a forbidden desert. I don't see that happening anymore.

20. Caesars macrumors regular

As someone who uses both systems in a daily basis, the only significant difference to me is iMsg. I can have hangouts on my iPhone, but no iMsg on android.

The biggest hurdle you will have is the OS visual changes. Some will say it's clunky but I've never experienced such things, they are both basic touch and play OS.

Def wait until you see one in the store, just don't buy off your first visit. The note 4 will most likely take the best display of the year, it would be easy to get excited and buy it, but hold frame and use it a few times if possible !

21. bandrews macrumors 6502a

22. Cool Pup, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Stick with the iPhone. You made it clear that you're an Apple person through and through. Don't change that on account of the current availability — it's poor decision-making. The phones of all makes and models will be readily available in a month's time and once they are available you'll likely be regretting the decision you made if you switched now.

23. GrecoISU thread starter macrumors member

I'm more talking about storage for the price point. Paying an extra $100 bucks for like $4 in parts makes me irked, especially while paying off debt. I can sell my iPhone 5 for about $225 right now. So, it's only an extra $75 plus any accessories I need. Not sure if the extra $100 is in the budget, I almost sure my wife wouldn't be on board with it.