Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
Does mobile me sync previously emailed addresses? I think it might...???

To the OP:

If you waited this long, Tough crap. It is was it is now, focus on something else. Just reformat and move on.

cobalt79

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
If you were referring to me about laying off the Kool Aid, I would say your attitude is getting to be on the rude side, remember you came here asking for what to do and people are giving you their opinions, you have to be open to anything said and not fire back at people with rude replies.

Your car analogy fails, its against the law to roll back odometers. All we know here is what you're telling us, there should be no way your iTunes was used other than the factory testing it before shipping it to you if it appeared factory fresh and the set up assistant came up. How do you plan on proving any of this to Apple that your computer was used based on the fact that an email address was in your iTunes when connecting your iPhone 4? I can't see Apple offering you anything based on that alone. Just reformat the drive and move on. Maybe you should take my story and understand that there are worse things to complain about.

Please accept my apology, as my comment was unnecessarily rude. I was out of line and appreciate the help I receive on this board.

That being said, the car analogy does hold up since its fraud to sell used goods when you purport that they are brand new, never been used. While there "should" be no way my iTunes was accessed, something was clearly amiss.

I spoke with an Apple rep and we think we pinpointed an application on my iPhone as the issue. The second issue, which we could not solve, was where that app came from. The message I was receiving referred to an app I never owned or downloaded, and could not find via google. Presumably, it does not exist, so it must be part of or embedded in another app.

The good people at Apple we great help and I feel more confident about setting up my iPhone 4 and avoiding a complete refresh.

Thanks for all the help from the Board!

opinioncircle

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
Well, reinstall from scratch seems to be the best bet. At least I'd have peace of mind.

But, that doesn't explain that I bought a NEW MBP from Apple, not a one-time used MBP

I should receive something from them, in the form of a discount or otherwise.

They are giving away iPods now, is an iPod an appropriate form of consideration here? What about an iPad?

Bottom line, if you bought a new car, and it turned out that someone drove a hundred miles on it, you'd be looking for some dough and want to know what happened.

To be honest, I really should receive a new CLEAN MBP here...

How about returning it? Is it too late for that? So that you'll get a quick answer and brand new uMBP.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
Yeah I'd want to know how long it had been used for. Its just taking life off my MBP :eek:

While we all might have wanted to know this, fact is, the OP just waited WAY TOO long to do anything about this. Think of it this way, the unit was "Thoroughly" tested by China :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.