Somehow got 2 Iphones..

harrison2593

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
hey, been lurking around the forums since before the iphone 5 came out, good stuff. But I came here looking for some help/advice. I somehow got 2 iphones when I only bought 1, and only got charged for one. Here's the story.

9/14 - Reserved a 64gb Black Iphone at 3PM EST. I was too late to receive it on the 21st, so mine was backordered.

9/22 - Go up to AT&T, find out they have 64gb blacks in stock, the at&t rep. cancels my preorder, and lets me buy one in-store for 400, my upgrade price.

9/24 - Iphone 5 shows up in the mail, from my preorder. But my preorder was just cancelled two days before. I keep checking my bank account, I have only been charged for one phone.

It's sitting here sealed, I'm not sure whether to wait a while to see if I get charged, and if not, sell it. Or do the right thing and return it to at&t. Any suggestions?

twiggy0

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
That's some crazy luck you have...

You obviously know the morally right thing to do though.

harrison2593

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Good ole American greed at its best.
Your right, the chinese laborers who made the phone will finally get sleep at night knowing I returned it.

Lol I'll return it though. Don't want to risk paying another $400

Stadashic

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
San Diego
I'd sell it unless someone gave me a reason of how it would hurt some one if I didn't return it.
Its like taking sand from the beach.

ManuCH

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
I would tell AT&T and offer to pay full price for an off-contract phone (they must have a price in the system, as they can't force you to return it). Then sell it at a higher price to whoever is looking for a phone and can't find any.