Somehow got 2 Iphones..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by harrison2593, Sep 26, 2012.

1. harrison2593 macrumors newbie

hey, been lurking around the forums since before the iphone 5 came out, good stuff. But I came here looking for some help/advice. I somehow got 2 iphones when I only bought 1, and only got charged for one. Here's the story.

9/14 - Reserved a 64gb Black Iphone at 3PM EST. I was too late to receive it on the 21st, so mine was backordered.

9/22 - Go up to AT&T, find out they have 64gb blacks in stock, the at&t rep. cancels my preorder, and lets me buy one in-store for 400, my upgrade price.

9/24 - Iphone 5 shows up in the mail, from my preorder. But my preorder was just cancelled two days before. I keep checking my bank account, I have only been charged for one phone.

It's sitting here sealed, I'm not sure whether to wait a while to see if I get charged, and if not, sell it. Or do the right thing and return it to at&t. Any suggestions?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I think you answered your own question my friend

3. harrison2593 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know, but when people are offering double what I paid for it, it makes me want to sell it lol.

4. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

That's some crazy luck you have...

You obviously know the morally right thing to do though.

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

This. Return the phone to AT&T and restore faith in humanity.

6. jf1450 macrumors regular

Good ole American greed at its best.

7. harrison2593 thread starter macrumors newbie

Your right, the chinese laborers who made the phone will finally get sleep at night knowing I returned it.

Lol I'll return it though. Don't want to risk paying another $400

8. Stadashic macrumors newbie

I'd sell it unless someone gave me a reason of how it would hurt some one if I didn't return it.
    Its like taking sand from the beach.

9. ManuCH macrumors 6502

I would tell AT&T and offer to pay full price for an off-contract phone (they must have a price in the system, as they can't force you to return it). Then sell it at a higher price to whoever is looking for a phone and can't find any.