somehow i have applecare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glassx, Feb 13, 2009.

1. glassx macrumors member

i brought my iphone3g to the genius bar last night and while i was there i was told my warranty expires 7/30/10. the weird thing is i never bought applecare for the phone. i bought it at the at&t store and watched them cut the shrink wrap off the phone to activate it. any idea on how i got the applecare service. now if only this would happen on my macbook

2. moka macrumors 6502a

The iphone comes with a 1 year apple care warranty which you can extended later on if you wish...

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes, but it isn't 7/30/09 yet, meaning that his AppleCare existed from near the launch day of the 3G iPhone.

4. jake36wi41 macrumors member

I had a similar thing happen actually. Took it to the Genius Bar to have them check it out and they mentioned that I had purchased AppleCare and it expires sometime in 2010. Don't specifically remember buying the AppleCare, but I might have :p Any way to check and find out how long I'm covered?

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Here you go.

6. jake36wi41 macrumors member

Thanks, found it on my own (Google who knew? :p)

The strangest thing is, I was told "Your product is eligible for complimentary phone support which is estimated to expire on December 16, 2010." I bought my phone 7/13/08. Weird.