somehow trackjumpclicks dot com is installed...how do I get rid of it?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mmj1234, Sep 11, 2014.

1. mmj1234 macrumors newbie

So everytime I'm on a website (whether it's my school site or any site I've been on many times before), if I click on a link it automatically opens up a new window and the browswer is "trackjumpclicks" .com

How can I get rid of this? I have a Mac Book Air (if this makes any difference). I don't see anything in my apps folder to suggest something was downloaded. It's just very annoying to keep getting redirected. I click on the link to download a class lecture and it redirects me to some other site :/

Help! :confused:

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You most likely have some type of adware installed. Here is a link on how to remove it from a site called The Safe Mac.

3. mmj1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thank you!! I downloaded it a few hours ago and sure enough, adware was installed. It's now removed and I haven't had that problem at all.

Thank you again :)

4. zzak macrumors newbie

trackjumpclicks.com from GoPhoto?

I had same issue and found I had an extension installed in Safari for GoPhoto which was also giving me pop up ads. Once I removed that extension, the trackjumpclicks problem also went away. Safari->preferences->extensions.