Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iloveMac

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
SomeAppleGuy

Hey SomeApppleGuy, everything you mention in you last post is what I called "No PC has gone before". As I said before, I have saved 3 months for the supposly new Power Mac I thought would be released at the MWSF 2002 ($6300).

I'm like you, I wanted a powerful system from Apple that would make PC's look like crap. I have read some posting that we will have to wait until MacWorld Tokyo for the introduction of the new G5 processor.

This sound like a bunch of bull having me wait once again and furthemore taunt me with there insane slogans. It won't happen again. I'm truly a devoted Mac user and will always be. However, I'm starting to get fed up with all the PC folks blowing my ass with there kick ass system and here I am left standing in the dark ages. (133mhz sdram, no ATA 100, 15" screens, 800mhz processor to name a few)

Lets talk some more. I hope others will listen on our issues.

SomeAppleGuy

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2002
exactly. are you my long lost brother? even the PowerMacs (as great as they are) need some major improvements. what they have been doing for the past couple years is improving products little by little. thats fine for those who are already in the business of buying macs. but when you figure every 2 or 3 years you need a major upgrade to keep up with software its not too practical. PCs have the luxury of upgrading for years before the need things like new logic boards or better cases. and if you keep upgrading products "little by little" your never going to surpass "the other guys". by the time G5 comes out it will be living in the shadow of a well established P4 which may even be a P5 by then.

Apple has a way of getting people sucked in, once your an apple customer you become pretty loyal. if they want to ever dream about taking over the market they need to beat the competition. give no room for arguement. Surpass the MHZ barrier and the arguement sways to Apples favor. Wether the speed bump means **** or not, customers will want them. And advertise the hell out of it!!! When was the last time you saw an Apple commercial on TV? I don't think I've ever seen the G4 commercials, other than on Apples own web site.

iloveMac

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
Your Right

You know what, being you mention TV commercials. My wife just a few minutes ago ask me why she hasn't seen anything or heard on TV about this new Apple imac system.

I honestly couldn't tell her why. I do know this though. You can bet your ass that if they would have came out with some "once again" (No PC has gone before) computer.

Such as, all the features you mention and plus more, Or perhaps something more powerful we could dream of. Then you would problably see Peter Jenning or Tom Brokaw making a special news annoucement.

And if he did do that, I can gaurentee Apple sale would skyrocket the day the millions of consumers will see it without having the luxury of visting Apple's web site or retail stores.

Apple, just think of it. Free advertisment from major news.

WOW i'm good.

Keep talking SomeAppleGuy

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
due to the immaturity of all the new and more recent members on this forum, i will be only posting when absolutely necessary. which will probably not be for a long time. i would just like to point out a few things-

you say the imac is ugly numerous times. we have heard your point, but you don't back it up with anything but personal opinion. this must be the worst way to go about getting people to agree with you.

everyone seems to just want to "flame" eachother. u may find that keeping some things to yourself will make you a much happier person.

no one seems to talk about rumors anymore. everyone just wants to know how to do things or where to get things. and the few times that a real rumor actually does come up, it either turns in to an all out war between a select few (i'll admit i joined in a couple times) about absolutely nothing, turns into people saying that's stupid and randomly talking about games, people start saying how terrible apple's marketing strategy is, people whine about things that will never come about:they just dream up something that would benefit themselves because they "can't live witout it," or else they just decide to go and say things like F--- apple, i'm going to buy a PC:and yet they continue to post on this site for apple computers and talk about things that are good about apple. seriously, if you want a pc, and you want to talk about pcs, go buy one and find some new friends.

so this is it to all of you pre-pubescent geeks out there

farewell.........

.........for now

SomeAppleGuy

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2002
hmm..

that was nice. really, fantastic even. i think what monkey business is missing here is that there are no rumors and people are bored. if you want us to talk about a rumor make something up. by the way, whats on spymac.com these days.. i hvent been there. as for the immature thing, i am not shoving this down anyones throat. i started "iMac is phreakin ugly" and look how many people responded. i think they feel the need to defend this thing more than those of us who dont like it. calling me a moran and an idiot because i do not like what they like. the sad part is my points are valid. if chevy promised a revolution with the next generation of camaro and told us we would be blown away, and then came out with the same model as last year with a new color you would be pissed off too if you had been waiting at the dealership for them to arrive.

I am just tired of watching a good company following the popular trends when they should be making them. sure they improve things, ipod is better than a standard mp3 player but its not revolutionary. imac has more features than the last, but again not revolutionary. remember the old days when apple used to do **** that "blew people away?" its been a while and i for one am starting to forget. a computer is a computer, nothing more. i wanna see something that makes me excited about computers again.

ps... you dont like people arguing and fighting but yet you close with a sentence like "so this is it to all of you pre-pubescent geeks out there"

Limbo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
Well, Some...Guy. Looks as though my flame has opened you up a little more clearly. I totally see where you're coming from and can sympathize to your side of thought. But still, though alot of what you speak is true, grab a little more faith. I thought about it, and being with, buying and getting into Apple Computers IS a religeon it would have to be for crazy people like us to stick with it all this time. So basically give Apple a break. And NEVER let your guard down when talking to a PeeCee user. All of you. Peace is declared Some....Guy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.