Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
That's just sad

No, they are just very sad pathetic people.

11 days early? Yes they have no life

Ever noticed how everyone who drives slower than you is an idiot and everyone who drives faster than you is a maniac?

This thread smacks of the same egocentric judgemental attitude. We're all registered users on an Internet forum which was created with the explicit purpose of discussing news and rumors of an electronics company, yet those who happen to be more excited/dedicated/etc. than we are "have no life."

o_Oo_Oo_O

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Ever noticed how everyone who drives slower than you is an idiot and everyone who drives faster than you is a maniac?

This thread smacks of the same egocentric judgemental attitude. We're all registered users on an Internet forum which was created with the explicit purpose of discussing news and rumors of an electronics company, yet those who happen to be more excited/dedicated/etc. than we are "have no life."

o_Oo_Oo_O

Darn it, I was just going to post something similar. You beat me to it :-/

Reactions: willmtaylor

Bane-Thunder

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2014
I honestly don't see the reason to camp out this year. I've done it before, but this "s" version upgrade doesn't seem to warrant such fanaticism. lol

You actually camped for a phone before? Why? I just don't understand... Just order it online and get it launch day? Thats how i got my iPhones.... Why suffer camping? Its just all crazy to me..

Reactions: ABC5S

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
If it's just an upgraded iPhone6 i see no problem with it working well right from the start,but a brand new iPhone myself waiting to see how it is working is what i always do.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
If it's just an upgraded iPhone6 i see no problem with it working well right from the start,but a brand new iPhone myself waiting to see how it is working is what i always do.

I was just trying to give some substance,to this never ending thread.

What are you talking about?

Your first comment made zero sense. Even reading it now, I have no idea what you're trying to say, so I simply thought you were posting in the wrong thread (seemed more polite than saying your post comprised incoherent drivel).

Also, "never-ending" thread? I'd say 3 pages hardly qualifies, but you're certainly doing your part to keep it going.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You actually camped for a phone before? Why? I just don't understand... Just order it online and get it launch day? Thats how i got my iPhones.... Why suffer camping? Its just all crazy to me..
That's alright, not everyone understands what someone else might find worth doing for themselves for their own reasons.

Reactions: willmtaylor

throwthedice

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2015

o_Oo_Oo_O

yes, discussing about the devices that we use everyday and/or operating systems that run the said devices and/or the company that sells these devices on an internet forum in the comfort of our office chairs (or on commute on our mobile devices or at home) is somehow similar to someone camping out on the street a week (or Tim knows how many) in advance and we are judgemental people who just can't seem to be able to get off their moral high horses...

Last edited:

DynamicSausage

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2015
Leicestershire, UK

o_Oo_Oo_O

This. 1000 times over. If somebody wants to do what pleases them, leave them to it. Nobody here is the judge or what's sad and what isn't or how people should spend their time.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
Didn't that retail chief Angela say the days of line waiting are over and they are moving to a reservation system?

I_am_a_loser

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2015
Boston, MA
People like this have either generous vacation time policies or they have no jobs. If I told my employer I wanted to take a weeks off to camp outside of a Apple Store he'd probably tell me don't bother coming back.

Why would it be any of his/her business how you choose to use your time off? If they really feel that way I'd tell them they could go right ahead and fire me and my attorney would be in touch shortly thereafter.

I_am_a_loser

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2015
Boston, MA
On a side note this reminds me of that radio bit from Grand Theft Auto 5 where a reporter is talking about the new "iFruit phone" and how some "losers" are already waiting in line outside the store. I get a chuckle whenever I hear that while playing the game.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.